The town’s Chamber of Trade is holding a photography competition to encourage locals and tourists to visit and give the businesses a boost after a very tough year.
The photographs can display anything you think shows the town at its best. This could be its streets, its architecture, its businesses, its lovely location, or its people (though please get their permission if you’re including them!)
There are prizes up for grabs for the winning entries and the photographers will also receive recognition by name on the Chamber’s website, on its Facebook and Instagram pages, and in the local media.
Prizes & Judging
Aged 12 and under – win a £30 voucher from The Toy Shop, Main Street
Aged 13 to 18 – win a Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 donated by The Vicky
Over 18s – win £60 voucher from The Trout Hotel
The competition will be judged by three professional photographers who are based in and around Cockermouth. Penny Watson, Chris Freer and Ben Bush are all established in their fields with many decades of experience between them.
Please make sure your photos (maximum of 3 images per entry) are of a high resolution quality so that they can be reproduced in print. (Set your digital camera to the highest resolution setting, rather than its default, and this should produce an image which is around 2Mb or more in size.)
If you would like to enter the competition, please send your photos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions of Competition Entries
• All entries must arrive by 5pm on 30 June 2021. The winners will be notified by 31 July 2021.
• The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• You must hold the copyright for the images you are submitting. Cockermouth & District Chamber of Trade will credit you by name when the photographs/images are used.
• By entering the competition you are giving Cockermouth & District Chamber of Trade permission to reproduce the photographs with no time limit.
• If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission from your parent/carer/guardian to enter the competition. By submitting an entry, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and agree to the use of your photo as described in these terms and conditions.
• The information you provide will be collected and stored by Cockermouth & District Chamber of Trade in accordance with GDPR. It will only be used for the purposes of administration of the competition, including publishing your name and home town if you are the winner. The Chamber will not pass your details to any third party.